Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Palm Trees


This is my fallback with my oldest daughter. She calls them palm trees. Although since we chopped her hair last spring (Huge mistake!) I haven't been able to do it the same. Usually I do two braids (Laura Ingalls braids as I call them) ending a little sooner than normal (Secure the ends with a small silicone elastic.) Then I take each braid, fold it in half, and secure it with a large ponytail holder. I use my flat iron to curl the ends over. This time, I used three braids on each side- it really helps cut down on the bulkiness of the braid since her hair is so thick. When it was long, it wasn't a problem. But I thought this turned out cute. I am glad her hair is finally getting long enough to do some of these 'old standbys'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so fun love it! I love your blog very cute! And those hair clips are so cute i need to get me some!

Unknown said...

That REALLY funny I did the same kind of style on Jozy today, Only I did just one to the side! Funny! To bad we did not live closer! we good put our heads together!

BookwormMom said...

I tried the way you had Emma's hair last night on Talia this morning...It's not quite right, but I think all I need is practice!

I'm so glad I have you to think of cute ways for me to do Talia's hair!

Devri said...

I do this, except we use one, and call it the poi ball (daughters made the name up!!)