Saturday, February 21, 2009

6 Things That Make Me Happy

My friend, Mindy tagged me. Since this is a hair blog, and I've been wanting to highlight my 'must-haves', these are some hair things that make me happy......

#6 El Cheapo Brush

Yup, remember these brushes? They area my absolute FAVORITE tool for smoothing the hair back into a ponytail. They are not for brushing through all your hair. Do that first with a pin brush- you know, the ones with he rubber thing with all the thingies sticking out like a hedgehog?

Combs can't stand up to the smoothing power of these brushes! Just spray a little water and smooth away. Buh bye fly-aways!

BTW- don't get the natural boar hair brushes if your daughter's hair is thick at all- they aren't strong enough smooth all the layers. I could only find these online recently. If they are more than a couple dollars or so, they don't work as well.

#5 This little contraption. A flat iron comb.

It goes hand in h and with the flat iron. It holds and combs your hair and works like a charm. No
more burnt fingers, and your hair will be S-MOOTH!

#4 My flat iron.
What did I ever do without one of these? Need I say more?

3 Biolage Smoothing and Matrix Sleek Look Shampoo & Conditioner

We alternate so our hair doesn't get used to one shampoo. My all-time favorite shampoos/ conditioners. And yes, all my kids use them, too.

#2 TIGI Curls Rock Curl Amplifier.

LOVE IT! This stuff is amazing! and the best part is, your hair will not be crunchy or stiff. The curls will be soft and stay all day!



#1 Of course, my family.

They trump all. And without them, who's hair would I play with?

12 comments:

LM said...

6 kids! So now I finally get the "six-pack". I've got 6 too! But only 2 girls. Love the doo's. Keep them coming. I need fresh ideas. Especially for teenagers!

BookwormMom said...

The Curls Rock amplifier is the best...I love it for when I wear my hair curly. It's the best thing I've ever used...I love it with the Curl Booster spray...

CathyBB said...

When I saw the post title I thought the six things would certainly be the six pack. =)

Love the tips! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who still uses that old brush now and then! And I am particularly interested in trying that curl stuff!

I'd like to ask a possibly-silly question about the bang-cutting post you did not long ago: What kind of scissors do you use? Thank you!

Mindy said...

Awwee!! Thanks for doing the tag.. I need the sleek look in a color protector.. do you think they will ever invent it?

Joann said...

You are honestly so stinkin' cute. I love your cute family. Makes me want to have 6 of my own. Thanks for sharing!

Danielle said...

thank you, thank you. I will be using these!!

Ginny said...

Those kind of brushes are my favorite for pony tails. I always keep an eye out for ones at the $1 store. I wish they made them more, they are hard to find.

Danielle said...

I was pondering, how do you use the curls Rock ampilfier? After wash, on wet hair then dry, or when dry then curl. I have very straight hair and I curl it about every day with my curling iron. And I am looking for a new trick other than spraying. Do you think this would help? Thanks

Joann said...

Hey there lady! I've nominated you for an award over at Pigs and Ponies. Check it out!

Maridon Rappleye said...

I found your blog from one of my friend’s blogs. Since you love doing hair – you might want to check out my daughter’s line of hair accessories. They are adorable – the pictures do not do justice. Maybe you’d even consider a link on your blog. THANKS!!

www.simplyprettythings.com

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.

Liz said...

You may want to refrain from using the phrase "El Cheapo". It comes off quite prejudiced and/or racist. I'm sure that wasn't your intent, but I'd hate for Latina/o readers to see that and get offended.