Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Puffy Heart

I'll get to the haircutting and other requests later....but for now, I thought I'd post another 'heart' do. I did one sorta like this after I saw this one. But I couldn't get it to look much like a heart- so I never posted it. So I tried it upside-down and this is what I got:

Start by sectioning off the top hair almost like a half pony. But really try to get the arch at the crown...like a heart.... (you'll take out those red elastics when you get there.)



Pull the hair all the way down to the nape, as far as you can, and make a piggy...as tight as she'll let ya!

Divide that piggy in half and section off another piece. Tie this one off a higher up, to the left.


Repeat on the right side....and again on the left, even higher....same thing on the right again...



Work your way up to the front, forming the heart shape. I took a section and swept it across the front for a cute part, like this:

Add that hair into the section off to the side. On the last section (the middle, bring all the hair from both sides together.

Curl the pony or make a messy bun if you have more hair than this. I used a comb to smooth the sections with pomade and sprayed ita ll with hairspray to keep the fly aways at bay. You can add ribbons or bows if you'd like. She insisted on THIS bow with THIS mu mu. She's two, so hey.....whatever!




8 comments:

Mindy said...

What a darling model!! Oh.. and the hair's cute too.. ;)

Kenny Do's said...

That turned out really pretty! & What a cutie!

Laura said...

Really cute! One of my fav. heart dos.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute I can't wait to try it thanks!

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

Extremely darling! It looks so very pretty.

Mandy said...

Love it!

Holly said...

I tried it on my daughter today, it does not look as good as yours, but I like it and probably just need practice.

Rachelle said...

So cute!